Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page


The Office recognizes the difficulty that a consumer has when choosing a health care professional. It is important that the consumer consult a variety of sources for information when making this important decision.

Licensure information only provides a starting point. Friends, neighbors and co-workers can also provide useful references. Most importantly, every consumer should feel free to consult with their physician before making a final choice. If you are not satisfied, choose again… it's your health and your choice.

For disciplinary actions specific to a particular Board, visit that Boards website.

Verification of a currently held or previously held license within the professions licensed by the Office of Allied Health Professionals is available by calling 603- 271-8389, by visiting NH Online Licensing. There is no cost associated with a phone verification or for visiting NH Online licensing.

How To File a Complaint…

If you need help in filing a complaint, contact the Board's office. By law, all complaints must be received in writing. If you decide to file a complaint, you will need to provide the following information:

  • The name of the licensed professional against whom you are complaining. The business address and phone number, if available.
  • The name of the patient, if other than yourself, and your relationship to the patient.
  • The name of any other professional which you may have consulted regarding the treatment complained of, and the addresses of that individual, if available.
  • The dates of the treatment.
  • All significant details about the complaint that describe the incident(s) in question. It is best to stick to the facts and details, but your impressions are also important.
  • You may wish to attach copies of any documents you have which support your complaint. Do not send originals as you may need them later.
  • You may also be asked to sign a "Release of Information" form so that the Governing Board may obtain all the necessary medical records and billing records.

The Governing Boards are bound by state law which requires complaints and investigations be kept confidential. However, in most cases, your complaint will be shared with the health care provider which the complaint is about. You may file an anonymous complaint but, depending on the allegations this may seriously hinder the Boards ability to investigate. If you have any concerns over the complaint process or the fact that the complaint deals with your medical records, please contact the office.

See "Frequently Asked Questions" for more information.

Office of Professional Licensure and Certification
121 South Fruit Street |  Concord, NH 03301
Main Telephone: (603) 271-2152