Board of Acupuncture Education and Training

The following questions and answers pertain to obtaining Continuing Education Units. If further information is required, please contact us.

Acupuncture Home


How do I get pre-approval to offer Continuing Education Units?

Submit your request to the Board using the Request for Pre-Approval of Continuing Education Units Form with additional attachments as specified on the form. The Board will inform you of its decision within sixty (60) days of receipt of the request. Only Board courses approved to offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) may advertise the course as offering qualified CEUs.

If your request is pending approval, you may advertise "CEUs requested and pending approval".

The Board recommends you consider instead making your request to the NCCAOM review service to provide participants convenient national CEU acceptance.


If the instructor is not already licensed in New Hampshire Acupuncture, do they need to apply for a New Hampshire acupuncture license?

Yes, a temporary teaching license is needed if the teacher intends to practice/demonstrate acupuncture (insertion of needles) in the course of instruction.


How do I get a temporary teaching license and what are the terms/restrictions?

Complete the Request for Temporary Teaching License Form and submit it no less than 60 days prior to the course start date.

A Temporary Teaching License Holder shall not practice acupuncture outside the specified course or seminar and shall not receive compensation for any practice of acupuncture other than that received in compensation for the course itself.

A temporary Teaching license shall be valid for no more than 30 days. The Board shall grant an exception to the thirty (30) day limitation in the case of a periodic seminar type course which constitutes a single course and meets for no more than six sessions in a one year period. For other extended instruction a regular New Hampshire license must be obtained.

Acupuncture Home