Board of Nursing Criminal Background Check
How to obtain your Criminal Background Check in New Hampshire
Attention All Applicants and Licensees Requiring a Federal Bureau of Investigation Record Check
Livescan or inked fingerprints are acceptable. Livescan is digital capture of fingerprint impressions with a lower rate of rejection from the FBI. If fingerprint cards are used they must be filled in completely. Please see below for pertinent information.
- Finger printing cards may be obtained from the agency which you use for your fingerprinting. Complete the information section with signature, indicate "ORI" code: NHNSP0800 STATE POLICE CONCORD, NH and "Reason for" would be: BOARD OF NURSING NH RSA 326-B:15. Leave "EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS" blank. The card should have your inked fingerprints or live scan images on it.
Main Processing Location
Department of Safety Building
33 Hazen Dr.
Concord NH 03305
First Floor, Room 124
Hours of Operation: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
By Appointment Only
Call the NH State Police in Concord at (603) 223-3867 and ask to be scheduled for applicant (or licensee) fingerprinting. Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Arrival of more than 10 minutes late will require you to reschedule. Expect the process to take approximately 20 minutes. Please note: a 24 hours notice is required for all cancellations.
Other New Hampshire Processing Locations:
NH Required Documents & Cost
- Photo identification
- Completed Criminal Record Release Authorization Form (sections I and II notarized) or Criminal Record Release Authorization Form Fingerprinting Required
- Appropriate fee: Payment by check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard)
Fees for appearing at State Police Headquarters in Concord as of October 1, 2016:
- $48.25 for Livescan or Inked processing
- $26.50 for third time submission
Effective November 1, 2016:
You have a 30 day time period to submit your notarized authorization form with fee and track number to the Concord processing center for completion from the day of finger printing.
Digital prints are only kept on file for 30 days, after which they are deleted. Therefore, paperwork submitted after 30 days from the day of fingerprinting, will be considered expired and you will need to repeat the process.
For applicants using out-of-state Law Enforcement Agencies:
- Criminal Record Release Authorization Form
- Criminal Record Release Authorization Form Fingerprinting Required
- Finger printing cards may be obtained from the agency which you use for your fingerprinting. Complete the information section with signature, indicate "ORI" code: NHNSP0800 STATE POLICE CONCORD, NH and "Reason for" would be: BOARD OF NURSING NH RSA 326-B:15. Leave "EMPLOYER AND ADDRESS"
blank. The card should have your inked fingerprints or live scan images on it.
- For Live scan – make sure to include your specific tracking number assigned at the time of fingerprinting.
- Please note: some law enforcement sites charge additional fees for their service.
- The cost for processing by the NH State Police is $48.25; payable to State of NH, Criminal Records.
- Mail completed fingerprint card, notarized Criminal Background Record Release Authorization form and fee to:
Office of Professional Licensure and Certification
New Hampshire Board of Nursing
7 Eagle Square
Concord, NH 03301
To challenge a FBI criminal record finding, click the below link or copy & paste the link into your browser and follow the instructions on the FBI website.