Board of Podiatry Continuing Education
Continuing Education requirements for Podiatrists.
Podiatrists licensed in New Hampshire are required to show proof of 40 hours every 2 years, with at least 30 hours' attendance in formal courses given by an accredited American school or college of podiatry or medicine, or by a state or regional podiatric association recognized by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education or by the American Medical Association and no more than 10 hours of instructional media certified by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME). Courses must be accumulated between January 1 of the first year of the period and December 31 of the second year and must be reported before April 1 of the reporting year.
Note: Continuing education courses given by the American Podiatric Medical Association shall be automatically approved.
Courses offered by sponsors other than those identified above shall be approved for Class I credit only if the Board receives a letter from a licensee of the Board requesting such approval at least 30 days prior to the starting date of the course which requests approval. Requests for approval of such courses shall contain the following information:
- A description of the sponsoring agency;
- The title, location and date of the course;
- A description of all subjects covered by the course;
- The total hours of study involved in the course and a breakdown of the time devoted to each of the subjects covered by the course;
- The name(s) and professional qualifications of the instructor(s);
- A statement that attendees who are present for the entire course shall be given an attendance certificate for license renewal purposes; (7) Whether the course is approved by a current accrediting agency or another state licensing board; and (8) The course syllabus.
Note: The requirements listed above are provided as a courtesy and are not official regulations of the Board. A complete listing of all requirements and regulations.
2022 Standing Order Regarding Continuing Education Renewal Requirements