Guardian ad Litem Board Education and Training
In order to be certified by the Board as a Guardian ad Litem in the State of New Hampshire, application for certification requires completion of the GAL Board sponsored training (the General/Overview Training noted above and at least one Matter Specific Training).
Following completion of the training, a Guardian ad Litem may apply for Board certification (the application for certification must be filed within three (3) years of taking the training). However, there are other requirements that must be met in order for a GAL to be 'Board certified'.
Participants should understand what this criteria is prior to completing the GAL Board sponsored training. Please review the requirements found in the 300 section of the rules.
The training requirements apply to all persons seeking certification as a Guardian ad Litem, regardless of profession, or years in Guardian ad Litem practice. For other requirements of initial certification, see Part Gal 303 of the Board's Administrative Rules.
- Initial Training on Addiction and Recovery - Approved for 6 CEUs and as a requirement for anyone wishing to become a Guardian ad Litem in the future.
2023 Domestic Violence Training and The Nuts and Bolts of Being a Guardian ad Litem Training:
2023 Domestic Violence Training:
- Domestic Violence (DV) Training: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 (In Person Only)
- The training is from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. The first hour, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM is DV 101, and the second hour, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM is The Impact of DV on Children.
2023 The Nuts and Bolts of Being a Guardian ad Litem:
- The Nuts and Bolts of Being a Guardian ad Litem: Training: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 (In Person Only)
- The training is from 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
For more information or to register, please contact Shana Warriner at Shana.M.Warriner@oplc.nh.gov.
- Request for Approval of Continuing Education Activity Not Listed in GAL 403.03
- Request for Alteration of Time in which to Complete Continuing Education
- Petition for Approval of Training as Qualifying for Continuing Education Credit
- Notification of Completion of Continuing Education Pursuant to Request for Alteration for Time