Board of Nursing - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page


How to file a complaint against a licensee.

How do I file a complaint?

If you have a complaint against a pharmacy or pharmacist, you may call the Board office (603-271-2350) or submit a complaint packet pdf file which you can print out and complete in writing. Please print clearly. Mail the complaint packet to:

NH State Board of Pharmacy
Attn: Compliance Dept.
121 South Fruit Street
Concord, NH 03301-2412

How are complaints resolved?

Each complaint is thoroughly reviewed and evaluated to determine whether the allegations, if true, would be a violation of the New Hampshire Pharmacy laws or rules. If the complaint is not within our jurisdiction, we may close the complaint with no action or refer the complaint to another agency or entity. The Board does not have jurisdiction over complaints involving rudeness, customer service, and/or pricing/billing disputes. If the complaint is in the jurisdiction of this agency, the complaint may be referred to an investigator. An investigator may contact you for additional information about your complaint, so please provide us with your phone number when filing a complaint. If you do not have a phone or do not want us to call, we will write to the address that you have provided, if we need more information. Many complaints are resolved with an oral or written warning. If a complaint results in disciplinary action being taken against the pharmacist or pharmacy, the action may range from reprimand (public censure) to revocation of pharmacist's or pharmacy's license. The Board does not represent the complainant individually and does not seek restitution or money damages on behalf of any individuals.

Will I be told of the status and resolution of my complaint?

We will notify you in writing when the complaint is resolved unless you inform us that you prefer not to receive written notification. It is difficult to predict, in advance, the amount of time necessary to process a specific complaint.

Portable Document Format Symbol Portable Document Format (.pdf). Visit for a list of free .pdf readers for a variety of operating systems.

Office of Professional Licensure and Certification
121 South Fruit Street |  Concord, NH 03301
Main Telephone: (603) 271-2152