Recreational Therapy Governing Board FAQs

Frequently asked questions for the Recreational Therapy Governing Board.

What are the credentials I can list after my name once I am licensed?

Your license lists Recreational Therapist (RT) as the credential after your name. This is because the law says the Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals licenses Recreational Therapists.

RSA 326-J:3, II states: "Licensed recreational therapists may use the letters ""TR"", ""TRS"" and ""CTRS/L"" in connection with their name or place of business."

Do I need my National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) certification to renew my license?

Yes. Rec 402.06 Required Documents "An applicant for licensure renewal shall include in his or her application packet (c) states: "A photocopy of the applicant's currently valid NCTRC certificate or wallet card."

How many continuing education unit hours do I need to renew my license?

30 hours earned within the biennium.

What is the criteria for earning continuing education?

See Rec 405 Maintenance of Continuing Education for complete details.