Requirements and How to Apply
About Temporary Licenses
The Office of Professional Licensure and Certification is authorized to issue a temporary professional license to all out-of-state health care professionals under RSA 310-A:1-f.
Who Can Apply?
- Out-of-state health care professionals with an active license in good standing,
- And performs specified medical or ancillary services as defined in RSA 310-A:1-a.
How Long is Temporary License good for?
- 120 days,
- or until the board, council, or commission takes action on an application.
How to Apply:
- Apply Online Now (You can also use this link to check the status of your Application)
- Select “Create an Account”
- Use the option “A Temporary or Emergency License” for your Profession on the ‘New Application” page
- Complete and submit the Online Application
- Temporary License Application Fee: $25.00
Eligible Health Professions:
- Acupuncture Licensing
- Alcohol & Drug Use Professionals
- Allied Health Professionals
- Chiropractic Examiners
- Dental Examiners
- Funeral Directors & Embalmers
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Medical Technicians
- Mental Health Practice
- Midwifery Council
- Naturopathic Examiners
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Ophthalmic Dispensers
- Recreational Therapy
- Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Veterinary Medicine
Temporary Licenses Issued During NH State of Emergency:
NOTE: Pursuant to Senate Bill SB277 (2021), all emergency licenses issued during the State of Emergency now have an expiration date of 06/03/2024. Licensees who would like to maintain their licenses and continue to practice in NH will need to renew their license within their professional Board upon expiration.
- All licenses issued manually during the State of Emergency remain active may be found on this document: Emergency Licenses Issued
- Licenses processed through our online portal may be verified in accordance with the process outlined here: How to Verify a License