Applications for Physician
This resource page provides applications for licensure, required forms to be completed and submitted with applications, education or certification requirements for renewal of a license.
All applicants for full licensure shall complete two (2) separate applications; the first being the FCVS application and the second being the physician license application. All applicants for full licensure in New Hampshire are required to submit their background credentials to the Federation Credentials Verification Service (FCVS). FCVS is a service of the Federation of State Medical Boards and was created to help simplify the licensure process for physicians (both M.D.'s and D.O.'s).
Applications for review by the Board of Medicine (“Board”) at its monthly meeting must be complete on or before the Friday prior to the monthly meeting at 4:00 P.M. in order to be on the Board’s agenda for that month’s meeting.
- Licensure Requirements
- Online Application process for Medical and Osteopathic Physicians
- Addendum to Physician Application
- How to apply for a Locum Tenens License
- How to apply for a Camp License
- How to apply for a Special Visiting Professor License
- Optional Informational Question for Initial License
- Optional Questionnaire Regarding Medicaid-to-Schools and Application for Licensure
Standing Order, Substantive Waivers Issued Under MED 211.01(f) during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Med 305.04(c)(8) Standing Order waiving, under certain circumstances, the requirement in Med 305.04(c)(8) that applicants for a resident training license must provide certification from the NBME that the applicant has taken and passed USMLE Step 2 (Clinical Skills).
Mail your completed application, required forms and payment to:
Office of Professional Licensure & Certification
7 Eagle Square
Concord, NH 03301
Forms of Payment Accepted for Paper Applications: Personal Check, Money Order or Cashier's Check
Renewal of License
Visit: Online Applications for Renewal (You can also use this link to check the status of your Application)
Please Note: Paper applications are no longer accepted for renewals.
If you currently have a NH license, you will receive a renewal notification at 60 days and within 15 days prior to the expiration of your license.
- First time renewing your license online? Use the registration code from your renewal notification to create your online account.
- Already have an account? Use your username and password to access your online application.
- Forgot your username? Use your registration code to access your license online for renewal.
- Need a registration code? Your registration code is included on your renewal notification. If you need a registration code, please contact email@example.com. Include your name, telephone number, License number and request for a registration code.
Forms of Payment Accepted for Online Applications: Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express
What can I do online?
- Renew Online
- Update Personal Information
- Upload Required Documents
Reinstatement of License
Other Requirements for Licensure
Education and Certifications
If you are unsure of any required credits for renewal, please contact OPLC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other additional documents and forms