Board of Pharmacy Notices and Updates
Important News and Advisories from the Board of Pharmacy
- The NH Professionals Health Program (NHPHP)
- APhA MTM Certificate Program for Pharmacists
- Board Notice (01/14/2020) - Electronic Prescriptions for Schedule II Controlled Drugs
- Board Notice (01/02/2020) - New State Law Effective 1/1/2020 Regarding Opioid Prescriptions Dispensed in New Hampshire
- Opioid Informational Card - Important information for patients receiving opioid prescriptions at New Hampshire pharmacies
- NH House Bill 615, effective on 9/17/19. The new law prohibits third parties from completing applications/online renewals on behalf of applicants/licensees, as well as transitions the Board to biennial license renewals.
- Board Notice - CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement)
- Results of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program - Data Compliance Audit
- Board Newsletter - July 2019
- Board Newsletter - April 2019
- View map of NH pharmacies which offer over-the-counter sales of Narcan / Naloxone (via a Standing Order). Information provided by the NH Bureau of Drug & Alcohol Services.
- April 22, 2019 Board Notice Regarding Mandatory Continuous Quality Improvement Programs at All NH Pharmacies
- Information on Hepatitis A Outbreak in NH from NH DHHS
- Free Addiction / Recovery Services for Board Licensees through NHPHP
- January 2019 Board Newsletter
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has provided the following information for both prescribers and pharmacies on its new Medicare Part D Opioid Overutilization Policies for 2019:
- August 16, 2018 Notice on Administration of Vaccines by Pharmacists and Pharmacy Interns
- July 16, 2018 Notice on Pharmacist Rest Breaks
- May 31, 2018 Notice on Pharmacist Obligations to Patient When Refusing to Fill a Prescription
- April 19, 2018 Notice on Controlled Substance Electronic Prescriptions
- April 6, 2018 Notice on Use of Third Parties to Submit Online Renewals on Behalf of Licensee
- March 22, 2018 Notice on Vaccine Administration
- February 13, 2018 Notice on Sale of Syringes (NH RSA 318:52-c)
- February 6, 2018 Notice on Controlled Drug Loss Reporting
- January 30, 2018 Notice Regarding New Shingrix Vaccine
- Required Pharmacist Breaks
As noted in the Board's October 2016 Newsletter, pharmacists and pharmacies need to be aware that Ph 704.01 of the Board's rules now requires that pharmacists working greater than an 8-hour shift take a 30-minute rest break – it is not optional. As there has been some misunderstanding of the terminology used in the Board's laws and rules, the Board would like to remind everyone that whenever the word "shall" is used in its laws/rules that this means it is a mandated requirement, and licensees found in violation are subject to disciplinary sanctions by the Board.
- PDMP / Pharmacy Audit Report
- Opioid Overdose Information for Pharmacists
Links to assist pharmacists with handling the Opioid Overdose Crisis in New Hampshire.